We’re already entering the third week of activities at ABRACE—how time flies!
We invite parents to meet this Saturday, Sept. 21 at 10:30 a.m. in room 219, where ABRACE administration will explain a bit more about ABRACE’s mission and work, answer questions, and solicit new ideas. We also will describe the special events that will occur across the next few months.
We need your help! Organizations like ABRACE that formed IN the community FOR the community depend on the involvement and support of families.
How can you contribute?
Take advantage of the opportunity to follow and celebrate your child’s progress, help teachers, see your child interact with others, and participate in lessons about Brazilian culture, history, and music.
In the next few days, you will receive by email a link to Sign-Up Genius, with the calendar for each classroom, so parents can rotate volunteering assignments.
Outside of the classroom
A little goes a long way at ABRACE!
1. Help with spreadsheets and databases
2. Photograph or film an event or special activity
3. Organize photos and videos to distribute to parents
4. Help organize cultural or community events
5. Help prepare grant applications
6. Edit documents in Portuguese or English
7. Tell your relatives, friends and others in your network about ABRACE programs
8. “Like” ABRACE on Facebook and share our posts with others
9. Search the Internet using GoodSearch.com e select ABRACE as a beneficiary
10. Leave your statement about ABRACE’s work on a website that recognizes the good work of not-for-profits:
11. Make a donation of any amount to ABRACE, which is tax deductible, using PayPal: http://abracebrazil.org/donations
If you’re interested in any of the volunteer activities listed above – or have suggestions for others – please contact email@example.com.
Documentation for each student
In accordance with the law, ABRACE is required to have a completed and signed responsibility release and a photo and video release on file. These documents will be distributed by teachers and are available on our website: http://abracebrazil.org/portuguese-language-for-children
If you use the website version, please print and fill out a form for each child enrolled in an ABRACE class and submit it to your child’s teacher before Sept. 28.
Adult Portuguese class
We have two classrooms—one at a basic level and one at an intermediate level—and there are still spots available. Please consider enrolling and invite your friends! If interested, please fill out the enrollment form, which can be found on the ABRACE homepage: http://abracebrazil.org/
Contact Cláudia Barbosa at (571) 366-9779 with any questions.
Abraços da ABRACE,
Ana Lucia Lico
Conselho de Administração:
Ana Lúcia Lico