Professor de língua portuguesa e cultura brasileira (para trabalhar aos sábados)
A ABRACE está sempre buscando professores, falantes nativos do Português (variante brasileira), para seu programa educativo-cultural para crianças e jovens de 2 a 17 anos. A ABRACE é uma organização sem fins lucrativos que oferece aulas de Português como Língua de Herança a aproximadamente 120 alunos nas manhãs de sábado, em McLean, VA.
Resumo sobre o papel do professor (versão completa logo abaixo, em inglês):
- O professor de Português do Brasil como Língua de Herança deve ser falante nativo, uma pessoa dinâmica e apaixonada por ensinar, e estar disposta a abraçar a comunidade da ABRACE. Precisa ter uma forte compreensão da cultura, literatura, arte e tradições brasileiras. O professor será responsável por motivar e ensinar os seus alunos a desenvolver suas habilidades comunicativas em Português (falar, compreender, ler e escrever) de acordo com as idades e diferentes séries. Como parte da estratégia de ensino, o professor poderá utilizar diversos recursos pedagógicos, tais como jogos, música e movimento, projetos de arte, projetos interclasses, tecnologia e muitos outros que promovam o interesse e o engajamento dos alunos. O professor é responsável por acompanhar o progresso dos alunos, sob a orientação e supervisão da diretora escolar, e comunicar aos pais/responsáveis e gestores.
PROFESSORES de língua portuguesa e cultura brasileira – descrição do trabalho e formulário de inscrição
Part-Time Brazilian-Portuguese Teachers for Children at ABRACE (McLean, Virginia)
Organization: ABRACE, Brazilian Association of Culture and Education, is a nonprofit organization that offers Portuguese classes as a Heritage Language for approximately 120 students on Saturday mornings.
Application: Apply online here, and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. ABRACE will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Job Summary:
The Brazilian-Portuguese Heritage Teacher must be a dynamic native speaker that has a passion for teaching and embrace the ABRACE Community. They must have a strong understanding of Brazilian culture, literature, art and traditions. The teacher will be responsible for motivating and instructing students how to improve speaking and understanding of, and how to learn to read and to write in Portuguese for different grade levels. Teaching tools and techniques include games, music & movement, art projects and many other engaging activities and tech resources. The teacher is required to track students’ progress and provide feedback to parents and administrators.
- Job Duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
• Implement the curriculum for teaching Brazilian-Portuguese as a Heritage Language
• Teach Brazilian-Portuguese to assigned groups of 10 to 12 students which range in age from 3 to 15 years old
• Submit scheduled lesson plans in the approved format to the administration
• Employ a variety of methods for students to demonstrate learning and accomplishments
• Observe, track and evaluate children, as well as document records in a timely fashion
• Communicate with parents at drop-off and pick-up time about progress, including examples of children using Portuguese
• Provide feedback to the parents and administration on student performance including observations and progress assessment
• Establish a nurturing, supportive, and stimulating relationship with children through strong communication skills and an individualized approach to each child
• Communicate clear learning and routine guidelines to parents and volunteers
• Keep the classroom and equipment clean, organized, and well maintained
• Work cooperatively with all parents, recognizing the parents as vital partners in the education and developmental process
• Serve as a positive role model for other staff, parents, and volunteers
• Attend required staff meetings, professional training, workshops and seminars to gain additional knowledge of available resources and skills
• Maintain accurate attendance records
• Perform other duties that may be assigned, from time to time, by the administration
• Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to ABRACE
• Must be a native of Brazil
• Partial or complete Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Experience in teaching children is desirable
• Conversational in the English language is desirable
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and familiarity with Word and
• Ability to work successfully with colleagues in a team environment
• Passion for working with children and engaging parents in a sense of community to achieve ABRACE’s mission and vision.
- Time commitment: Classes take place on Saturdays from September to June from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Compensation: Pay rate is $25 per teaching hour.
- Location: McLean High School, 1633 Davidson Road, McLean, VA 22101