Professor(a) / Assistente de Professor(a) de Português do Brasil (Contrato por Prestação de Serviço)
- Cargo: professor(a) / assistente de professor(a) de Português do Brasil
- Organização: Associação Brasileira de Cultura e Educação (ABRACE)
- Local: as atividades da ABRACE são realizadas na McLean High School, em McLean, Virginia, nos EUA.
- Perfil do cargo: contrato por prestação de serviço (média de 10 a 12 horas por mês)
- Comprometimento de tempo: manhãs de sábado
- Prazo para candidatar-se: 10 de agosto de 2019
- Quem será levado em consideração: pessoas fluentes em Português do Brasil em nível avançado (como nativo), que tenham paixão pela cultura brasileira e língua portuguesa (variante brasileira) e que gostem de trabalhar com crianças e jovens. Ele(a) deve estar disponível para trabalhar aos sábados e possuir permissão oficial de trabalho nos Estados Unidos.
- Início: 19 de agosto de 2019
Veja abaixo a descrição completa da vaga em inglês e como se candidatar.
Brazilian Portuguese Teacher / Teacher Assistant (Contractor)
Position: Brazilian Portuguese teacher / teacher assistant
Organization: Association of Brazilian Culture and Education — ABRACE Inc. is a nonprofit organization that offers Portuguese as a Heritage Language classes for approximately 120 students on Saturday mornings in McLean High School, VA. ABRACE also offers community outreach programs, including a cultural fair and a library.
Location: McLean High School, 1633 Davidson Road, McLean, VA 22101
Position information: Independent contractor – average of 10-12 hours/month
Job Summary: ABRACE is seeking teachers and teacher assistants who are native-like speakers of Brazilian Portuguese, passionate about working with children and youth, and excited to embrace the American-Brazilian community in the Washington, D.C. metro area. S/he must have a strong understanding of Brazilian culture, including literature, art, customs and traditions. S/he will be responsible for motivating and instructing students on how to improve speaking, reading, writing and listening of Portuguese as a Heritage Language for different grade levels. S/he shall use technological resources and engaging activities such as games, music & movement and art projects. S/he will be required to submit lesson plans, track student attendance and progress, and report on it to parents and administrators. S/he must work on Saturdays and possess a U.S. work permit.
Job duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Implement the curriculum for teaching Portuguese as a Heritage Language;
- Teach Brazilian Portuguese to assigned groups of 10 to 13 students from 2 to 13 years-old;
- Establish a nurturing, supportive and stimulating relationship with students through strong communication skills and an individualized approach;
- Submit lesson plans to the administration in the approved format;
- Observe, evaluate and document student progress in a timely fashion;
- Maintain accurate attendance records;
- Provide feedback to the parents and the administration on student performance, including observations and progress assessment;
- Communicate with parents at drop-off and pick-up time about progress, including examples of children using Portuguese;
- Work cooperatively with all parents, recognizing them as vital partners in the education and developmental process;
- Communicate clear learning objectives and routine guidelines to parents and volunteers;
- Keep the classroom and equipment clean, organized, and well-maintained;
- Attend required staff meetings, professional training, workshops and seminars to gain additional knowledge of available resources and skills;
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the administration.
- Must possess a U.S work permit and legal residency;
- Native-like proficiency in Brazilian Portuguese;
- Intermediate proficiency in English
- Available and committed to work on Saturdays;
- Available as of August 19th, 2019;
- Positive attitude, resourceful and excellent team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institution is a plus;
- Experience working with children and youth in an educational or recreational setting is a plus.
Time commitment: Classes take place on Saturdays, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., September-June approximately (with occasional classes from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.).
Compensation: Pay rate is $15-$25 per teaching hour, depending on qualifications.
Start date: Virtual meetings take place as of August 19th. In-person presence required at team meeting on August 24th. Classes start on Saturday, September 7th.
Application: Fill out the online application form available here by August 10th, 2019. ABRACE will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be a U.S. legal resident and possess authorization to work in the U.S. If you have any questions about this position, send a message to our School Director, Claudia Costa, at email@example.com.
You can also fill out the form here: https://goo.gl/forms/yoa8ngz82gh4lBha2
For more information about the organization, please visit our website at www.abracebrasil.org