Professor(a) / Assistente de Professor(a) de Português do Brasil (Contrato por Prestação de Serviço)
- Cargo: professor(a) de Português do Brasil
- Organização: Associação Brasileira de Cultura e Educação (ABRACE)
- Local: Condado de Fairfax, Virginia, EUA
- Perfil do cargo: contrato por prestação de serviço (média de 10 a 12 horas por mês)
- Comprometimento de tempo: manhãs de sábado
- Quem será levado em consideração: profissionais fluentes em Português do Brasil em nível avançado (como nativo), motivados pela missão da ABRACE, criativos, dinâmicos, apaixonados pela língua portuguesa (variante brasileira) e cultura brasileira, que gostem de trabalhar com crianças e jovens, e que tenham senso de equipe e de comunidade.
- Início: 28 de agosto
- Prazo para se candidatar: 13 de agosto
Veja abaixo a descrição completa da vaga em inglês e como se candidatar.
Brazilian Portuguese Teacher (Contractor)
Position: Brazilian Portuguese teacher
Organization: Association of Brazilian Culture and Education — ABRACE Inc. is a nonprofit organization offering Portuguese language and Brazilian culture as well as community outreach programs, including a cultural fair and a library. Activities are currently being held online only.
Location: Fairfax, VA
Position information: Independent contractor – average of 10-12 hours/month
ABRACE is seeking teachers who are native-like speakers of Brazilian Portuguese, passionate about working with children and youth, and excited to embrace the Brazilian-American community in the Washington, D.C. metro area. S/he must have a strong understanding of Brazilian culture, including literature, art, customs and traditions. S/he will be responsible for motivating and instructing students on how to improve speaking, reading, writing and listening of Portuguese as a Heritage Language for different proficiency levels and ages. S/he shall use various technological resources (PowerPoint, PDFs, email, apps, quizzes, etc.) and engaging activities such as games, movement and art to implement lesson plans. S/he will be required to submit lesson plans, track student attendance and progress, and report on it to parents and administrators. S/he will be required to work in person, on Saturdays mornings, in Fairfax County, VA, and possess a U.S. work permit.
Job duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Implement the curriculum for teaching Portuguese as a Heritage Language;
- Teach Brazilian Portuguese to assigned groups of 8 to 10 students from 3 to 13 years-old;
- Establish a nurturing, supportive and stimulating relationship with students through strong communication skills and an individualized approach;
- Submit lesson plans to the administration in the approved format;
- Observe, evaluate and document student progress in a timely fashion;
- Maintain accurate attendance records;
- Provide feedback to the parents and the administration on student performance, including observations and progress assessment;
- Communicate with parents via email, videoconference or in person, as needed, about progress, including examples of children using Portuguese;
- Work cooperatively with all parents, recognizing them as vital partners;
- Communicate clear learning objectives and routine guidelines to parents and volunteers;
- Teachers must have their own computer and reliable access to the internet.
- Attend required staff meetings, professional training, workshops and seminars to gain additional knowledge of available resources and skills;
- Remotely perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the administration.
- Must possess a U.S work permit and legal residency;
- Native-like proficiency in Brazilian Portuguese;
- Intermediate proficiency in English;
- Available and committed to work remotely on Saturday;
- Positive attitude, resourceful and excellent team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institution
- Experience working with children and youth in an educational or recreational setting
Time commitment: Classes take place on Saturday mornings, 09/11-12/11.
Compensation: Pay rate is $15-$25 per teaching hour, depending on qualifications.
Start date: August 28th
Application: Fill out the online application form available here by August, 13th. ABRACE will not sponsor applicants for work visas. Applicants must be a U.S. legal resident and possess authorization to work in the U.S. If you have any questions about this position, send a message to our School Director at email@example.com.
For more information about the organization, please visit our website at www.abracebrasil.org.