Estagiários e voluntários: escrever para firstname.lastname@example.org, informando em que área tem interesse (sala de aula, biblioteca e literatura, contação de histórias, finanças, captação de recursos, etc), e sua disponibilidade de horas e dias da semana.
PROFESSORES de língua portuguesa e cultura brasileira – descrição do trabalho e formulário de inscrição
Part-Time Brazilian-Portuguese Teachers for Children at ABRACE (McLean, Virginia)
Organization: ABRACE, Brazilian Association of Culture and Education, is a nonprofit organization that offers Portuguese classes as a Heritage Language for approximately 120 students on Saturday mornings.
- Application: Apply online here, and send your resume to email@example.com. ABRACE will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Job Summary:
The Brazilian-Portuguese Heritage Teacher must be a dynamic native speaker that has a passion for teaching and embrace the ABRACE Community. They must have a strong understanding of Brazilian culture, literature, art and traditions. The teacher will be responsible for motivating and instructing students how to improve speaking and understanding of, and how to learn to read and to write in Portuguese for different grade levels. Teaching tools and techniques include games, music & movement, art projects and many other engaging activities and tech resources. The teacher is required to track students’ progress and provide feedback to parents and administrators.
- Job Duties shall include, but not be limited to the following:
• Implement the curriculum for teaching Brazilian-Portuguese as a Heritage Language
• Teach Brazilian-Portuguese to assigned groups of 10 to 12 students which range in age from 3 to 15 years old
• Submit scheduled lesson plans in the approved format to the administration
• Employ a variety of methods for students to demonstrate learning and accomplishments
• Observe, track and evaluate children, as well as document records in a timely fashion
• Communicate with parents at drop-off and pick-up time about progress, including examples of children using Portuguese
• Provide feedback to the parents and administration on student performance including observations and progress assessment
• Establish a nurturing, supportive, and stimulating relationship with children through strong communication skills and an individualized approach to each child
• Communicate clear learning and routine guidelines to parents and volunteers
• Keep the classroom and equipment clean, organized, and well maintained
• Work cooperatively with all parents, recognizing the parents as vital partners in the education and developmental process
• Serve as a positive role model for other staff, parents, and volunteers
• Attend required staff meetings, professional training, workshops and seminars to gain additional knowledge of available resources and skills
• Maintain accurate attendance records
• Perform other duties that may be assigned, from time to time, by the administration
• Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to ABRACE
• Must be a native of Brazil
• Partial or complete Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Experience in teaching children is desirable
• Conversational in the English language is desirable
• Excellent communication and organizational skills and familiarity with Word and
• Ability to work successfully with colleagues in a team environment
• Passion for working with children and engaging parents in a sense of community to achieve ABRACE’s mission and vision.
- Time commitment: Classes take place on Saturdays from September to June from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Compensation: Pay rate is $25 per teaching hour.
- Location: McLean High School, 1633 Davidson Road, McLean, VA 22101
Formulário para os candidatos a professores: clique aqui.
——————— xxx ————————-
(publicado em 28 de outubro de 2017; etapa encerrada em 28 de novembro de 2017)
Diretor(a) Executivo(a) / Executive Director – Job description/responsibilities:
Position: Executive Director (Leadership Position)
Organization: ABRACE (Brazilian Association of Culture and Education, Portuguese as a Heritage Language School)
Location: most of the time work remotely (on Saturday mornings in McLean, Virginia)
Position information: Independent contractor, part-time (estimated annual average of 100h/month)
Application deadline: November 27, 2017
Starting date: January, 2018
Required qualifications: Native Brazilian Portuguese and excellent management and communications skills in both English and Brazilian Portuguese.
Position Statement: ABRACE seeks a candidate who is professional, flexible, dedicated, and energetic to build on the school’s existing programs and teams. The ideal candidate will provide leadership to ABRACE, working closely with the School Director, parents, teachers, and ABRACE’s Board of Directors. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and execution of ABRACE’s mission. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
ABRACE has been in operation since 2005 and has grown to approximately 120 children, ranging in age from 3 to 16 years old. The school is located (Saturday activities) at the McLean High School in McLean, Virginia.
This is a part-time position (estimated annual average of 100h/month) with great flexibility. However, work on Saturday mornings (when the school is operational) is expected on most Saturdays. This professional will work as independent contractor for 9 to 12 months, with the possibility of becoming a registered employee after that period. Payment will be discussed in person and shall be based in experience.
Board Governance: Work with the Board of Directors to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Lead ABRACE in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Serve as the “face of the organization” and attend all ABRACE events, including but not limited to outreach, fundraising, and cultural events; and to ensure the consistent representation of any message for ABRACE at all levels.
- Communicate effectively with the Board and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions, including keeping the Board informed of internal organization matters, such as relevant staffing, funding and program success, challenges, and priorities.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising, and to increase the overall visibility of ABRACE throughout the D.C. metropolitan region.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop sufficient resources to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of ABRACE, including submitting to the Board a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management, including operating within the approved budget to ensure maximum resource utilization, and maintaining the organization in a positive financial position.
- Manage ABRACE’s budget and ensure that it is a financially viable, sustainable organization with the resources to meet current and projected program growth.
- Co-responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support ABRACE’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy: Work with the Board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Lead the implementation of ABRACE’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for the enhancement of ABRACE’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
- Reach out to the community to present ABRACE, its vision and services through public presentations and by attending relevant business events, conferences, and gatherings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various similar organizations throughout the country and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance ABRACE’s Mission.
Organization Operations. Oversee and implement appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of ABRACE’s operations.
- Work with the School Director on the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Build a high-performing senior leadership team and play an active role in attracting, retaining, and developing a qualified staff.
- Support existing and/or establish new employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serve as ABRACE’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, the Brazilian government, and the general public.
- Ensure that ABRACE is in compliance with relevant state and federal laws, regulations and with standard accounting procedures.
- Implement strategic plans, based on data-driven analytics, projections, and financials.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, and work effectively under time and resource constraints.
To fulfill this role successfully, the candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years nonprofit management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Brazilian Portuguese, including ability to listen effectively and communicate clearly
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of ABRACE’s strategic future to staff, Board of Directors, volunteers, and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector and to ABRACE’s field
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board Members and other volunteers
- Ability to interface with and engage a wide range of stakeholders of different cultures
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Native Brazilian Portuguese
Please send resume, a letter of intent, and 2 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the organization, please visit our website at www.abracebrasil.org.