Due to the success of the virtual classes over the two years, we will continue to offer this option to all interested. The meetings will happen on Saturday mornings, through the online platform Zoom. This is a great option for those who don’t live in the Washington DC area or for families who prefer to remain online. Attention: classes will be formed according to the demand, observing the minimum number of students per class.
- Children (3 to 14-year-olds) – Portuguese as a Heritage Language and Brazilian Culture
- Adults – Portuguese as a Foreign Languages
Attention: we will not offer the Curumin class(2-years-old) due to the difficulties to work with this age group in an online format.
Location: your home, via Zoom
- Saturdays, from 10am to 11am, or from 11:15am to 12:15pm (depending on availability)
- First class: February 5
- Last class: June 11
- 18 meetings, according to the calendar available here
Class length: 1 hour
DEADLINES, PRICES AND PAYMENT METHODS
- Enrollment open to returning students: December 27, 2021 to January 09, 2022
- Enrollment open to all, in order of registration: January 10 to January 21, 2022
- Between January 22 to February 04, families who register will be placed on a waitlist and will be contacted about availability.
Enrollment fee (included in the invoice with the program fee)
- New student: $35
- Returning students: $20
The prices below are for enrollment before January 21, 2022:
- $360 – Children 3-14 years old
- $360 – Adults
After January 21, a 5% fee will added, bringing the total to:
- $378 – Children 3-14 years old
- $378 – Adults
- Forms filled out by January 21, must be paid by January 25, 2022
- Forms filled out after January 22, must be paid within five days of the invoice issue date
Enrollments made by January 21 may be paid in two installments (due January 25, and February 22). There is a 5% fee added to this option, included in the invoice with the program fee, which will be added to the first payment.
Enrollment made after January 21 must be paid in full within five days of the invoice issue date.
Unpaid invoices after the due date will be added 5%. Another 5% penalty will be added to the balance every 30 days.
Refunds and cancellations
Cancellations must be requested at email@example.com. The program fee or installment will be refunded only for cancellation requested by February 02, 2022. After 02/02 no refund will be granted.
The enrollment fee will not be refunded. A 10% of the program fee will be charged as an admin fee.
- ABRACE offers a 10% discount on the program fee for siblings, and 15% for additional siblings.
- Discount is not applied to enrollment fees.
- Spouses or children of our staff and volunteers (working at ABRACE for at least 80% of the semester) enjoy a 30% discount on the program fee.
- A 5% discount will be offered to parents of children enrolled in the Portuguese as a Heritage Language program.
STEP 1 – Fill out the form:
- Children (3-14), click here.
- Adults, click here.
STEP 2 – Make the payment:
After submitting the form, an invoice will be sent within 7 (seven) days to the email address given on the registration form. Registration is not complete and students cannot attend classes until payment is received by ABRACE. Our system is completely safe, it does not store personal information and it sends a receipt sent immediately to the same email address.
Class size and formation:
- After filling out the forms, the families will go through an interview with one of our members of the teaching team to exchange information and recommend which is the best class to place the student.
- Children’s classes: the minimum number of people to form a class is 8 students, and the maximum is 12, considering students who have paid in time.
- Adult classes: the minimum number of people to form a class is 8 students.
- We will not offer experimental classes this semester.
- In case a payment is made, but the class is not formed, the payment will be refunded in full.