Attending the demand from families living outside the D.C area, we will continue to offer the online version of our program. Classes will meet on Saturday mornings, through the online platform Zoom. Attention: classes will be formed according to the demand, observing the minimum number of students per class.
- Children (5 to 14-year-olds) – Portuguese as a Heritage Language and Brazilian Culture
Attention: we will not open classes for children under 5 years old, due to the challenges to work with this age group in an online format.
Location: your home, via Zoom
- Saturday morning
- First class: February 4
- Last class: June 10
- 18 meetings, according to the calendar available here
Class length: 1 hour
DEADLINES, PRICES AND PAYMENT METHODS
- Enrollment open to returning students: December 20 to January 2, 2023
- Enrollment open to all, in order of registration: January 3rd to 21st, 2023
- Between January 22 and 31, families who register will be placed on a waitlist and will be contacted about availability.
Enrollment fee (included in the invoice with the program fee)
- New student: $35
- Returning students: $20
- For enrollment before August 21, 2022, the price is $360.
- After August 21, a 5% fee will added, bringing the total to $378.
- Forms filled out by January 21, must be paid by January 23, 2023
- Forms filled out after January 22, must be paid within five days of the invoice issue date
Enrollments made by January 21 may be paid in two installments (due January 23, and February 20). There is a 5% fee added to this option, included in the invoice with the program fee, which will be added to the first payment.
Enrollment made after January 21 must be paid in full within five days of the invoice issue date.
Unpaid invoices after the due date will be added 5%. Another 5% penalty will be added to the balance every 30 days.
Refunds and cancellations
Cancellations must be requested at email@example.com. The program fee or installment will be refunded only for cancellation requested by January 31, 2023. After February 1 no refund will be granted.
The enrollment fee will not be refunded. A 10% of the program fee will be charged as an admin fee.
- ABRACE offers a 10% discount on the program fee for siblings, and 15% for additional siblings.
- Discount is not applied to enrollment fees.
- Spouses or children of our staff and volunteers (working at ABRACE for at least 80% of the semester) enjoy a 30% discount on the program fee.
- A 5% discount will be offered to parents of children enrolled in the Portuguese as a Heritage Language program.
STEP 1 – Fill out the form here
STEP 2 – Make the payment:
After submitting the form, an invoice will be sent within 7 (seven) days to the email address given on the registration form. Registration is not complete and students cannot attend classes until payment is received by ABRACE. Our system is completely safe, it does not store personal information and it sends a receipt sent immediately to the same email address.
Class size and formation:
- After filling out the forms, the families will be contacted by one of our members of the teaching team to exchange information and recommend which is the best class to place the student.
- Children’s classes: the minimum number of people to form a class is 8 students, and the maximum is 12, considering students who have paid in time.
- We will not offer experimental classes this semester.
- In case a payment is made, but the class is not formed, the payment will be refunded in full.