This program is a great opportunity to experience Brazilian culture and language with our community. We are offering in-person classes, with all the care and requirements necessary to guarantee a healthy and safe environment. See the details below:
- Children (2 to 14-year-olds) – Portuguese as a Heritage Language and Brazilian Culture
- Adults – Portuguese as a Foreign Languages
Location: McLean, VA
- Saturday morning
- First class: September 10
- Last class: December 10
- See the calendar here
Class length: 2 hours regularly; and once a month, 3 hours, when needed to make up for cancellations.
DEADLINES, PRICES AND PAYMENT METHODS
- Enrollment open to returning students: July 11 to July 31, 2022
- Enrollment open to all, in order of registration: August 1, 2022
- Between August 22 to August 31, January 22 to February 04, families who register will be placed on a waitlist and will be contacted about availability.
Enrollment fee (included in the invoice with the program fee)
- New student: $35
- Returning students: $20
The prices below are for enrollment before August 21,, 2022:
- $320 – Curumin class 2 year old.
- $450 – Children between 3 and 5 years old.
- $425 – Children 6 years old or older.
- $425 – Adults.
After August 21st, a 5% fee will added, bringing the total to:
- $336 – Curumin class – 2 year old.$472.50 – Children between 3 and 5 years old.
- $446.25 – Children 6 years old or older.
- $446.25 – Adults.
- Forms filled out by August 21, must be paid by August 23, 2022
- Forms filled out after August 22, must be paid within five days of the invoice issue date
Enrollments made by August21 may be paid in two installments (dueAugust 23 , and September 20). There is a 5% fee added to this option, included in the invoice with the program fee, which will be added to the first payment.
Enrollment made after August 21 must be paid in full within five days of the invoice issue date.
Unpaid invoices after the due date will be added 5%. Another 5% penalty will be added to the balance every 30 days.
Refunds and cancellations
Cancellations must be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org. The program fee or installment will be refunded only for cancellation requested by August 31, 2022. After September 1st, no refund will be granted.
The enrollment fee will not be refunded. A 10% of the program fee will be charged as an admin fee.
- ABRACE offers a 10% discount on the program fee for siblings, and 15% for additional siblings.
- Discount is not applied to enrollment fees.
- Spouses or children of our staff and volunteers (working at ABRACE for at least 80% of the semester) enjoy a 30% discount on the program fee.
- A 5% discount will be offered to parents of children enrolled in Portuguese as a Heritage Language program.
STEP 1 – Fill out the form:
- Special class for 2 year-olds, click here.
- Children (3-14), click here.
- Adults, click here.
STEP 2 – Make the payment:
After submitting the form, an invoice will be sent within 7 (seven) days to the email address given on the registration form. Registration is not complete and students cannot attend classes until payment is received by ABRACE. Our system is completely safe, it does not store personal information and it sends a receipt sent immediately to the same email address.
Class size and formation:
- After filling out the forms, the families will be contacted by one of our members of the teaching team to exchange information and recommend which is the best class to place the student.
- Children’s classes: the minimum number of people to form a class is 8 students, and the maximum is 12, considering students who have paid in time.
- Adult classes: the minimum number of people to form a class is 8 students.
- We will not offer experimental classes this semester.
- In case a payment is made, but the class is not formed, the payment will be refunded in full.