ABRACE Inc. is a not-for-profit organization that offers Portuguese language and Brazilian culture classes to about 120 kids and adults, in the Washington, D.C. metro area. ABRACE also offers cultural programs, such as cultural and book fairs and cultural workshops.
- Position: Bilingual (English-Portuguese) Bookkeeper
- Organization: ABRACE Inc, Brazilian Association of Culture and Education
- Location: Association’s activities take place in McLean, Virginia, however 80-90% of work will be performed from home.
- Position information: Independent Contractor – average of 20-25 h/month
- Application deadline: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10th, 2019.
- Who may be considered: Someone with a positive attitude, who can work independently and remotely from home on his/her own computer, and meet with other members of ABRACE via conference call or in person. A detail-oriented person, well organized, who can manage his/her time well and is careful and accurate in the review and input of data. Fluent in Portuguese and English. Proficient in Quick Books, Word and Excel software.
ABRACE is looking for a person to take on this role starting the first week of May 2019.
Primary responsibilities include but not limited to:
The bookkeeper will be responsible for
- Ensuring Internal Controls Financial Procedures are followed;
- Coordinating with Accountant for managing the Quick Books Desktop application, reconciling accounts, and performing periodic closings;
- Recording and reconciling all financial activities in Quick Books Desktop;
- Managing, updating, and adding donor and customer contacts;
- Managing, updating, and adding invoice items and pricing;
- Coordinating with Accountant for editing and updating functional classes;
- Reviewing and entering vendor invoices and check requests;
- Processing check disbursements and sending to Treasurer;
- Creating and sending electronic invoices for contributions and mission-delivery services;
- Processing and recording all receipts and disbursements (cash, checks, credit and in-kinds);
- Ensuring invoices are paid in a timely manner and managing partial payments;
- Providing financial management reports to various department managers.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Fluency in English and Portuguese
- Knowledge of Quick Books, Word and Excel software
- A coursework and/or certification in accounting or bookkeeping
- The contractor must provide their own office, materials & supplies, including:
- IBM-compatible computer
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Internet access
- Successful bookkeeping experience is highly desirable
- Experience with nonprofit bookkeeping is a plus
- Experience in Quick Books Desktop, nonprofit edition is a plus
ABRACE needs someone who is professional, flexible, detail-oriented, and well organized. Someone who can quickly adapt to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; working as part of a team; working with detailed information/data; setting priorities; establishing and maintaining effective relationships; frequently working flexible or nonstandard hours (weekdays in the evening and weekends).
$18-20/hour, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Application deadline is April 10th, 2019
Please kindly send your resume to: email@example.com
For more information about the organization, please visit our website at www.abracebrasil.org
ABRACE Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization with the mission to promote and preserve the cultural, educational and social integration of the Brazilian community in the United States, with a focus on the Washington, DC metropolitan area, while strengthening the cultural ties between Brazil and the United States.